Friday 24 June 2011

A New Project

Yeah - I know... it isn't as if I don't already have enough to fill the days...

This project is going to be a very casual one: I am going to start photographing adverts painted on the walls of buildings. I don't intend causing road accidents by standing on the brakes every time I see an ad, but if I have the camera in hand and an ad presents itself, I will take a shot or two.

This is the first advert I took a photo of,
in Poitiers back in May 2005.
It isn't the first advert I have posted on the blog, though. That was probably this one

Simon

4 comments:

GaynorB said...

I'll look forward to seeing your growing collection.

Bryan said...

Me too. Just the sort of nonsense I'd get involved in. Looking forward to loads of Pernod signs.

Autolycus said...

Somewhere in a metro tunnel in Paris, there used to be a "Dubo-Dubon-Dubonnet" on the tunnel wall. It wasn't the usual advert in a station, it was painted on the tunnel wall, I think somewhere near a junction point, so that passengers would see it if the train had to stop and wait for a while. I saw it first in 1963 (!) and I was rather pleased to see it years later, but I'm damned if I can remember where it was. No doubt it's finally disappeared by now.

Minnie said...

Lovely idea! And more power to your camera ...
There are entire blogs (and, who knows, even books!) devoted to this passion for ghost signs. Lots of devotees in UK and France. Recommend you check out my blogging friend, Caroline, at carolinesmiscellany.blogspot.com for further details, if you think it might be helpful.
Happy ghost sign hunting!

Post a Comment